sábado, 10 de marzo de 2018

NEW SECTION: Book reviews on English!

Hi everyone! 

This is a new initiative, by almost unanimous votes of my new Instagram account's followers.  I am very happy to finally start this. I've wanted to do something new for the blog for a long time, and for a while I thought about doing an extension of it on YouTube, but I definitely do not have the courage to do so. I'm also ashamed to say that a part of this is to improve my shelf-taught English! I'm not bad at it, but I still have a lot of typos due to not practicing enough. Most of it in verbs and verbal tenses. 

For those ones that are here because of Instagram: WELCOME! Also welcome if you're one of my fellow readers and thank you for getting out of your way and read this! You're the best.

Now, if you don't know me: Hi there! My pen name is Sky Blackthorn, I've use it since I'm 14 and I started writting my most ambicious fanfiction: The Secret Lineages (about the Shadowhunter Chronicles after City of Heavenly Fire); the nickname actually has two of my real names on it!

Right now I'm 17 1/2, but I was 13 and about to turn 14 when I started this blog. I've been lazy about it, but I love it. I was inspired by Katy Swartz blog (Lux series by Jennifer L. Armentrout), so originally the blog's name was "Sky's Book Obsession", 1 or 2 years ago I change it to "A Court of Ink and Paper", inspired by the A Court of Thorns and Roses series of Sarah J. Maas. 

I don't say that reading is what "saved my life", beacuse that is way to dramatic for me, but eventually (and still), it truly did it.  

I am a Social Comunication student, second semester out of ten for a PP. RR. bachelor degree. I'm a reader, I sometimes writte, my dream job is with a Publishing enterprise, either as a editor, translator, agent or whatever, I want that the books can be read by all, without concerning the borders and the economic situations of the countries, I want that the translations are treated with the same emroque they are the books in their original editions. I want to be part of those who make that possible. I know that a career in Social Communication maybe was not ideal, but the careers in Literature in my country are to be a teacher, that's not something that appeals to me...

I think that is a lot about my. But now, about how this is gonna be like: I won't do a lot of reviews on English, due to my readers are most of them Spanish talking. I'll do it once a month (even when I sometimes don't post monthly), or  with a book that you can choose on a poll via my Instagram account! So you can decide about what you want to read. You can also DM some topic to discuss, or a previous review on my blog that you would want to read on English so we can share our thoughs!

So, I think that was all, thank you very much for reading this and supporting me!

Adamas kisses
Sky Blackthorn

No hay comentarios.:

Publicar un comentario